Table of Contents
- 1 The All-White Aces
- 2 Tory Burch sleevless tie dress
- 3 Saloni Zoe cutout stretch-cotton poplin dress
- 4 Gabriela Hearst Meier belted ribbed wool and cashmere-blend midi dress
- 5 Asceno Porto belted organic cotton maxi shirtdress
- 6 Polo Ralph Lauren eyelet cotton blouse
- 7 Polo Ralph Lauren eyelet cotton wrap skirt
- 8 Merlette Silas smock dolman cotton blouse
- 9 Slvrlake London high-rise straight jeans
- 10 The Love-Lovely Day Dresses
- 11 Faithfull the Brand Flora shirred gingham cotton-poplin midi dress
- 12 Carolina Herrera cotton-blend sateen midi shirtdress
- 13 J.Crew Western indigo shirtdress
- 14 Lafayette 148 New York Serena tiered cotton and silk shirtdress
- 15 The Set-Point Shirtdresses
- 16 Alex Mill Wyatt shirtdress
- 17 Thom Browne striped belt, long-sleeve Oxford shirtdress
- 18 Lacoste women’s loose-fit striped poplin shirtdress
- 19 La Ligne striped long-sleeve dress
- 20 The Advantage Polos
- 21 Sandro mixed-material pleated dress
- 22 Lacoste women’s striped cotton piqué long buttoned dress
- 23 The Serving Looks Stripes
- 24 La Ligne Marin cotton sweater
- 25 Zara oversized striped knit sweater
- 26 Arket striped cotton jumper
- 27 Polo Ralph Lauren Flag cotton crewneck sweater
- 28 The Game, Set, Matching Sets
- 29 Recreational Habits Billie quarter-zip jacket
- 30 Zara side-stripe jogging pants
- 31 Tory Burch performance V-neck tennis dress
- 32 Monse Varsity wool sweaterdress
- 33 Lacoste Made in France women’s V-neck honeycomb knit sweater
- 34 Rowing Blazers Racquets women’s sweater-vest
- 35 Adidas Originals off-white Tennis Luxe pleated skirt
- 36 The Grand Slam Kicks
- 37 Everlane the Tread Runner sneakers
- 38 Khaite x Adidas Original sneakers
- 39 Adidas Originals Stan Smith shoes
- 40 Gucci Tennis 1977 canvas trainers
- 41 Thousand Fell women’s lace-up sneakers
- 42 Del Toro tennis ball felt slipper
- 43 The Match Point Accoutrements
- 44 Rowing Blazers Racquets hat
- 45 A.P.C. beige and brown Hélène bag
- 46 Kule women’s tennis socks
- 47 Celine Homme embroidered cotton-blend tennis wristband
- 48 Emilio Pucci logo-embossed leather and straw visor hat
- 49 Mejuri diamond tennis bracelet
- 50 Tory Sport embroidered striped cotton-canvas visor
- 51 Lastframe medium Ichimatsu-check ribbed-knit tote bag
- 52 Vara Jewels tennis racket necklace in sterling silver
- 53 Hat Attack Belle chinstrap hat
The U.S. Open begins today with fans gathering at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center for the first time since 2019, before the pandemic began. With nearly 750,000 people typically in attendance, it is one of the most highly anticipated sporting events during the summer in New York. And the fashion also doesn’t disappoint—from Ralph Lauren’s classic Americana sweaters and polos as worn on the ball boys and girls to the styles sported by spectators who turn up in their favorite LWDs (little white dresses) and country club–esque looks. As some of the best dressed attendees prove, the key to acing your U.S. Open style is comfort and class. Wear an A-line day dress with a varsity sweater wrapped around your shoulders for when the weather cools down at night. And then accessorize your look with a Rowing Blazers tennis racket cap or Emilio Pucci’s fashionable raffia visor. And what’s a tennis match without a pair of kicks? Given it’s an all-day affair, choose sneakers that are just as comfortable as they are chic; Gucci’s 1977 canvas trainers will give your ensemble a retro twist, while Thousand Fell’s are classic and cool and pair well with an all-white summer outfit.
Although this year’s U.S. Open will be missing a few key players—Roger Federer, Serena Williams, and Rafael Nadal—the event sets the stage for Novak Djokovic, who, with his 21st Grand Slam singles title win, would move ahead of Federer and Nadal. And after taking a break from Wimbledon and the French Open earlier this year, Naomi Osaka returns to defend her 2020 single’s title.
Still don’t have your U.S. Open tickets? It’s not too late; you can still purchase them here. Ahead, shop our favorite Grand Slam outfit ideas.
The All-White Aces
It is peak summer and has never been a better time to sport your favorite all-white ensemble. From LWDs to summer whites, it’s a tried-and-true ace look.
The Love-Lovely Day Dresses
With its elegant, A-line silhouette, a day dress is a one-step formula for elegant dressing without the effort.
The Set-Point Shirtdresses
Shirtdresses are comfortable for all-day wear, and these options by Lacoste and Alex Mill give the classic staple unexpected twists, like an attached scarf and color-blocked print.
The Advantage Polos
Opt for a breezy polo dress for a day spent at Arthur Ashe. They still fit the sporty occasion and will keep you cool during a hot summer day at the stadium.
The Serving Looks Stripes
You can never go wrong with a classic striped sweater. Style it with jeans or wrapped around your day dress—a cozy knit is a staple for a reason.
The Game, Set, Matching Sets
Take your U.S. Open look up a notch with an outfit borrowed straight from the court. Opt for a tennis dress by Tory Sport or pair a traditional tennis sweater with an Adidas skirt.
The Grand Slam Kicks
Stay comfortable all day long with a pair of fashionable sneakers. Choose from Khaite x Adidas’s sneaker collab, or go with tried-and-true Stan Smiths. For an extra-special ode to the game, Del Toro offers a chic pair of loafers made from authentic tennis ball felt.
The Match Point Accoutrements
A U.S. Open look is not complete without the extras. Style your ensemble with a Celine tennis wristband, or for a touch of elegance, what’s more fitting than a tennis bracelet? It will go swimmingly with a Honey Deuce in your hand.